Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Can chain couplings accommodate axial misalignment?
Chain couplings are primarily designed to accommodate angular misalignment between the connected shafts. However, they have limited ability to handle axial misalignment, which refers to the situation where the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their common axis.
Unlike some other types of couplings, such as flexible beam or disc couplings, chain couplings are not specifically designed to handle significant axial misalignment. The primary function of a chain coupling is to transmit torque between the shafts while allowing for some degree of angular displacement.
While chain couplings can tolerate a small amount of axial misalignment, excessive axial displacement can lead to various issues. It can cause increased stress on the coupling components, such as the roller chain, sprockets, and connecting pins, leading to accelerated wear and potential failure. Additionally, excessive axial misalignment can result in decreased power transmission efficiency and increased vibration and noise during operation.
If significant axial misalignment is anticipated in an application, it is generally recommended to consider alternative coupling options that are specifically designed to handle axial misalignment, such as double-flex or flexible beam couplings. These couplings have greater flexibility and can better accommodate axial displacement without compromising performance and reliability.
It is important to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines for the specific chain coupling being used to understand its limitations regarding axial misalignment. If axial misalignment is unavoidable, it may be necessary to implement additional measures, such as shaft guides or spacers, to minimize the impact of misalignment on the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
In summary, while chain couplings can tolerate a certain degree of axial misalignment, their primary function is to accommodate angular misalignment. Excessive axial misalignment should be avoided, and alternative coupling options should be considered if significant axial displacement is expected in an application.
What are the key components of a chain coupling?
A chain coupling consists of several key components that work together to transmit power and accommodate misalignments. Here are the main components of a chain coupling:
- Sprockets: Sprockets are the toothed wheels that engage with the chain. They are typically made of steel or other durable materials and have specially designed teeth that mesh with the chain rollers. The sprockets provide the driving and driven connections, transmitting torque from one shaft to another.
- Roller Chain: The roller chain is a series of interconnected links with rollers between them. It is looped around the sprockets, with the rollers engaging with the sprocket teeth. The roller chain transfers the rotational motion from the driving sprocket to the driven sprocket, allowing power transmission between the shafts.
- Connecting Pins: Connecting pins are used to join the links of the roller chain together, forming a continuous loop. These pins are inserted through the pin holes in the chain links and secured with retaining clips or other fasteners. They ensure the integrity and strength of the chain.
- Bushings or Bearings: Bushings or bearings are used to support the shafts and allow them to rotate smoothly within the chain coupling. They are typically inserted into the bores of the sprockets and provide a low-friction interface between the shaft and the coupling components.
- Guard or Cover: In some chain couplings, a guard or cover is added to enclose the sprockets and chain. This serves as a protective barrier, preventing contact with moving parts and reducing the risk of accidents or injuries. The guard or cover also helps to contain lubrication and protect the chain from contaminants.
- Lubrication: Lubrication is essential for the smooth operation and longevity of a chain coupling. Proper lubrication reduces friction, wear, and noise. Lubricants, such as chain oil or grease, are applied to the chain and sprockets to minimize frictional losses and prevent premature wear.
These components work together to provide a reliable and efficient power transmission in chain couplings. The sprockets engage with the roller chain, and as one sprocket rotates, it drives the chain, causing the other sprocket and the connected shaft to rotate. The roller chain and its components, along with lubrication, allow for flexibility and compensation of misalignment between the shafts.
How to select the right chain coupling for a specific application?
Choosing the appropriate chain coupling for a specific application involves considering various factors to ensure optimal performance and reliable power transmission. Here are some key steps to guide you in the selection process:
Identify Application Requirements: Begin by understanding the specific requirements of the application. Consider factors such as the torque load, speed, misalignment conditions (angular, parallel, axial), and environmental conditions (temperature, moisture, presence of corrosive substances).
Determine Torque and Speed Requirements: Calculate or estimate the torque and speed requirements of the application. This information is crucial in selecting a chain coupling that can handle the transmitted torque and operate effectively at the required speed range.
Evaluate Misalignment Compensation: Assess the expected misalignment conditions in the application. Determine the magnitude of angular, parallel, and axial misalignments that the chain coupling needs to tolerate. This will help in selecting a coupling design that can accommodate the anticipated misalignment without compromising performance or causing excessive stress on the machinery.
Consider Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for the chain coupling. Measure the shaft-to-shaft distance and ensure that the selected coupling can fit within the available space without interference with other components or structures.
Assess Environmental Factors: Take into account the environmental conditions in which the chain coupling will operate. Consider factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, presence of dust or debris, and exposure to corrosive substances. Choose a chain coupling that is designed to withstand these conditions and is made from materials that offer adequate corrosion resistance.
Consult Manufacturer Specifications: Review the specifications and technical information provided by reputable chain coupling manufacturers. Pay attention to factors such as torque ratings, speed limits, misalignment capabilities, material compatibility, and recommended maintenance practices.
Consider Maintenance Requirements: Evaluate the maintenance requirements of the chain coupling. Assess factors such as lubrication needs, ease of inspection, and adjustment procedures. Choose a coupling that aligns with the maintenance capabilities and resources available in your application.
Seek Expert Advice if Needed: If you are uncertain about the selection process or have specific application requirements that need expert guidance, consult with knowledgeable engineers or technical representatives from the coupling manufacturer. They can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on their expertise and experience.
By following these steps and considering the specific application requirements, you can select the right chain coupling that meets the torque, speed, misalignment, space, and environmental demands of your application. Proper selection will ensure efficient power transmission, reliable operation, and extended lifespan of the chain coupling.
editor by CX 2023-09-12