chain coupling, roller chain with sprocket assembly for transmission system.
Chain couplings are suitable for the elastic transmission of rotating components over a wider speed range.
the couplings consist of 2 pre-drilled sprockets with the same number of teeth and a double roller chain DIN8171 with a straight spring lock
the simple opening of these couplings allows quick assembly and disassembly by simply loosening the connecting chain
all in one, the product offers an optimal price / ratio for numerous applications.
on request and depending on the application, the chain couplings can be supplied with hardened teeth as well as with a bore with an adjusting screw cap per wheel
Technical data list,
|Coupling No||Chain type||Teeth Number||Dm||A||E||L||H||d|
Q1. What is your terms of packing?
A: Generally, we pack our goods in single color box. If you have special request about packing, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can pack the goods as your request.
Q2. What is your terms of payment?
A: T/T 30% as deposit, and 70% before delivery. We’ll show you the photos of the products and packages
before you pay the balance. Other payments terms, pls negotiate with us in advance, we can discuss.
Q3. What is your terms of delivery?
A: EXW, FOB, CFR, CIF.
Q4. How about your delivery time?
A: Generally, it will take 25 to 30 days after receiving your advance payment. The specific delivery time depends
on the items and the quantity of your order.
Q5. Can you produce according to the samples?
A: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We can build the molds and fixtures.
Q6. What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and
the courier cost.We welcome sample order.
Q7. Do you test all your goods before delivery?
A: Yes, we have 100% test before delivery
Q8: How do you make our business long-term and good relationship?
1. We keep good quality and competitive price to ensure our customers benefit ;
2. We respect every customer as our friend and we sincerely do business and make friends with them,
no matter where they come from.
Comparison of Roller Chain Couplings to Other Coupling Types
Roller chain couplings offer distinct advantages and characteristics that set them apart from other coupling types, such as gear or disc couplings. Below is a comparison of roller chain couplings with these two commonly used coupling types:
- Roller Chain Couplings:
– Roller chain couplings are flexible and can accommodate misalignments, making them ideal for applications where shafts may not be perfectly aligned.
– They offer good shock absorption, which is beneficial in systems with varying loads or frequent starts and stops.
– Roller chain couplings are relatively compact and lightweight compared to other couplings, making them suitable for space-constrained installations.
– These couplings are cost-effective and provide a reliable and efficient power transmission solution.
- Gear Couplings:
– Gear couplings are capable of handling high torque and can transmit power efficiently, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications.
– They have a high level of torsional rigidity, ensuring accurate torque transmission without backlash.
– Gear couplings are generally more expensive than roller chain couplings.
– They require accurate alignment during installation, which can be challenging in some applications.
- Disc Couplings:
– Disc couplings offer high torque capacity and torsional stiffness, providing precise torque transmission and no backlash.
– They have a compact design and are often used in applications with limited space.
– Disc couplings can handle misalignment to some extent but may not be as forgiving as roller chain couplings.
– They are generally more expensive than roller chain couplings.
When choosing the appropriate coupling type, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, such as torque, misalignment, speed, space limitations, and budget constraints. Each coupling type has its strengths, and the selection should be based on the demands of the mechanical power transmission system.
Specialized Roller Chain Couplings for High-Torque or High-Speed Applications
Yes, there are specialized roller chain couplings designed to handle high-torque or high-speed applications. These specialized couplings are engineered to meet the specific demands of such industrial scenarios. Here are some key features and considerations for high-torque or high-speed roller chain couplings:
- Enhanced Strength: Roller chain couplings for high-torque applications are constructed using robust materials that offer higher tensile strength and improved fatigue resistance. This allows them to withstand the increased torque without experiencing premature failure.
- Optimized Tooth Design: High-torque roller chain couplings may feature specially designed sprockets and chain tooth profiles to ensure reliable torque transmission and minimize wear under heavy loads.
- Increased Chain Size: In high-torque applications, larger chain sizes may be used to handle the elevated power requirements. Larger chains provide more surface area for torque transmission and can accommodate higher loads.
- Heat Treatment: Some high-torque roller chain couplings may undergo heat treatment processes to improve hardness and wear resistance, making them suitable for demanding applications.
- Dynamic Balancing: For high-speed applications, roller chain couplings are often dynamically balanced to minimize vibration and prevent potential resonance issues that could occur at elevated rotational speeds.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for high-speed roller chain couplings to reduce friction and wear. Some designs may incorporate special lubrication systems to ensure smooth operation.
- Material Selection: High-speed roller chain couplings may use materials with lower mass and inertia to decrease the effects of centrifugal forces at high rotational speeds.
When selecting a roller chain coupling for high-torque or high-speed applications, it is essential to consider the specific operating conditions, torque requirements, rotational speeds, and any other factors that might impact the coupling’s performance. Consulting with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts can help identify the most suitable coupling for a particular application.
What are the Different Types of Roller Chain Couplings Used in Various Industrial Applications?
Roller chain couplings come in several variations to suit different industrial applications. The main types of roller chain couplings include:
- Standard Roller Chain Couplings: These are the most common type of roller chain couplings, featuring two sprockets of the same size connected by a standard roller chain. They are used in general power transmission applications and are suitable for moderate torque requirements.
- Heavy-Duty Roller Chain Couplings: As the name suggests, these couplings are designed for heavy-duty applications that require higher torque capacity. They typically have larger and stronger sprockets and chains to handle increased loads.
- Double Roller Chain Couplings: This type of coupling includes two roller chains side by side on each sprocket. It offers higher torque transmission capabilities and increased redundancy for critical applications.
- Idler Roller Chain Couplings: In this design, an idler sprocket is added between the driving and driven sprockets. It helps to reduce the impact of shock loads and misalignment on the coupling.
- Spacer Roller Chain Couplings: These couplings have a spacer between the two sprockets, allowing for larger axial misalignment while maintaining torque transmission.
The choice of the roller chain coupling type depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque, speed, misalignment, and environmental factors. Engineers and designers need to select the appropriate type of coupling to ensure reliable and efficient power transmission in their industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-12